- Tourist place name: Tottori Sand Dunes
- Place: 2164-661 Yuyama, Fukube-cho, Tottori City, Tottori Prefecture, Japan
- Date: November 25, 2020
- My Camera: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
- My Camera Lens: OLYMPUS M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm F4.0 IS PRO
Hi, My name is Ryoichi Hiraoka. I live in Hiroshima, Japan. This time, I visited Tottori, which is the prefecture next to Hiroshima.
This article shows Tottori Sand Dunes.
The Briefly Explanation
Tottori Sand Dunes is a sand dune created by the power of nature over many years. This dune was created as follows.
- The rocks of the nearby mountains were weathered and turned into sand.
- The sand flowed into the sea by the river.
- The sand rose to the shore by the waves.
- The sand moved inland by the wind.
Dunes are different from deserts. It rains on the Tottori Sand Dunes, and small plants grow here.
You can ride a camel here for a fee.
Water was coming out of the sand dunes.
The dunes are very hard to walk. I think boots or sandals are good because sand gets inside the shoes.
If you walk through the dunes, you will reach the sea. I felt the wind was strong and the waves were strong. That may be the reason why the dunes were created.
You can also fly with a paraglider for a fee.
The surface of The Dunes
The surface of the dunes is uneven due to everyone’s footprints.
By the way, don’t write big letters or scribble on the dunes. You will be fined if you do that.
This is the end of the article. If you come to Tottori someday, why not stop by Tottori Sand Dunes.
Thank you for reading it!